Remember when the reference to those who can’t was directed to those entering the teaching profession. Given the state of education today, it appears that this was an apt quip.
Looking at our economy, the $14 trillion dollar debt fast approaching, the recession, 17% unemployment (as high as 50% in some areas), and the lack of new jobs being created in the private sector, it is clear that Barack Obama and Paul Krugman’s names must also be added to the list of those who can’t.
Team Obama’s insistence on impaling our economy on Kruganomics (Keynesian economics on steroids) has pushed the US so close to the edge that we are close to falling into a death spiral … complements of our two Nobel Prize numskulls!
BTW, in addition to Obama and Krugman both having the ignominious distinction of having a Nobel Prize (the new standard of non-accomplishment & failure), neither one has ever held a real job. These men are academics who never created a job or taken the necessary risks needed to created a business.
All of which leads me to recommendations I made for strengthening the economy last year. These recommendations are just as needed today as they were during June ’09 … even more so!
They begin with eliminating all Czars Obama created and in their place naming a Common Sense Czar. (OK, so that was said tongue in cheek, however the our country’s needs are real.)
What exactly would the Common Sense Czar ‘s (hereinafter referred to as the CSC) duties entail? The CSC’s first actions would be to:
- Get rid of all redundant and unnecessary Czars … that’s about 14 or 15 of the Czars that I can see.
- Dictate that Congress can no longer pass legislation, like the $787 billion “stimulus bill” without reading it first!
- Immediately get the government out of the car business.
- Insist that all credit card companies cap their interest rates to consumers at 13% or dictate that no bank can charge consumers more that 4 times the rate that they pay for SAVINGS ACCOUNTS! Banks paying consumers 5% for their saving accounts get to charge as much as 20% on credit cards . . . banks paying 2% on savings can only 8% on their credit cards.
- Demand that every government agency look at their budgets and cut 10% … no make that 15% . .. cutting 10% is easy, 15% takes a little effort.
- Dictate that every member of Congress and in the executive branch take a 10% cut in their salaries, since We the People are being asked to sacrifice and live with less, they should lead by example … Mr. Obama that means you.
- Appoint a government Expense Review Dept to go over the expenses that our leaders and representatives are charging the taxpayers. Expenses found to be unnecessary or frivolous would have to be reimbursed to the taxpayers. Nancy, that means no more trips to see the Pope. Barack you and the little lady will have to forget trips to see Broadway show, or fly overs NY City for a photo op, just for the heck of it.
- Demand that any member of a finance or banking related committee MUST TAKE a course in business 101 before passing another piece of legislation. Additionally, they must demonstrate that they could operate a lemonade stand and make a profit!
- Demand that every member of legislative & executive branches take a refresher course in political science and the Constitution. They would have to pass a test with a grade no lower than C before they enacting any new legislation!