This is posted because I’m sick and tired of hearing the MSM depicting anyone with a view that differs the faux Obama Administration being depicted as a radical, or a trouble maker, or a crazzzzzzzzzzzzy.
This is from PUMA FOR LIFE.
Is it time for civil disobedience?
We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was “legal” and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was “illegal.” (Martin Luther King, Jr., “Letter from Birmingham Jail,” Why We Can’t Wait, 1963)
In an essay on civil disobedience, written in 1849 under the title “Resistance to Civil Government”, Henry David Thoreau wrote:
“There will never be a really free and enlightened State until the State comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats him accordingly.”
I don’t know what form an action of civil disobedience should take; in other countries people just literally pour out into the streets wherever they are and shut down their town. That’s one scenario. Another possible action is to have something going on in DC like surrounding the Capitol Building and not letting the Lords and Ladies go home for their cocktails.
September is the crucial month because that is when they (the Lords and Ladies) plan on forcing this crap down our throats. So, now is the time to start thinking about it; I’d like to hear your suggestions. If you have a blog, please consider doing some brainstorming on this topic; I’d like to get a discussion going all over the internet.
Let me say up front, I don’t know if we are at this point or not, but the question is a good one … one in need of a considerable amount of deliberative thought.
Just an after thought.
Maybe one of the reasons some of our Congressional members are not anxious to face voters in their districts this fall is because they can tell the difference between real and manufactued anger and protests.
They wouldn’t be fearful if they were doing their jobs … say like reading the bills they are voting on first … right? Just a thought!
Or… maybe we need a Czar to manage all the Czars… all those appointees not elected, vetted, or scrutinized. If you’ve lost count of the number of Czars we now have… 16, this is from Pink Elephant Pundit:
- Drug Czar: Gil Kerlikowske, former Seattle police chief
- Energy and Environment Czar: Carol Browner
- Homeland Security Czar: John Brennan
- Health Czar: Nancy-Ann DeParle
- Urban Affairs Czar: Adolfo Carrion, Jr.
- Economic Czar: Paul A. Volcker
- Regulatory Czar: Cass R. Sunstein
- Technology Czar: Vivek Kundra
- Government Performance Czar: Jeffrey Zients
- Border Czar: Alan Bersin
- WMD Policy Czar: Gary Samore
- Intelligence Czar (Director of National Intelligence): Dennis Blair
- Car Czar: Steven Rattner
- Pay Czar: Kenneth R. Feinberg
- Great Lakes Czar: Cameron Davis
- Cyber Czar: TBA
Let’s talk a little more about this. Know how many Czars Reagan had? One. Bush 41? One. Clinton? Three. Dubya? Four.
Obama has already QUADRUPLED that. And since most of these positions are already covered by Secretaries, the overlap is wasteful.
And some are just inane (seriously, A GREAT LAKES CZAR? What is a Great Lakes Czar? Overlord of the Catfish? I don’t understand). Scariest part? Czars have no one to answer to but Obama. Know how much they are in control of? $1.7 TRILLION. Yeah. (emphasis mine)
Ah yes, but let’s get back to the Common Sense Czar, my personal choice for the next Czar in ObamaLand. What exactly would the Common Sense Czar ‘s (hereinafter referred to as the CSC) duties entail? Since Czars apparently have powers not granted under the Constitution and are free to act as they please the CSC’s first actions would be to:
- Get rid of all redundant and unnecessary Czars … that’s about 14 or 15 of the Czars that I can see.
- Dictate that Congress can no longer pass legislation, like the $787 billion “stimulus bill” without reading it first!
- Immediately get the government out of the car business before this becomes Obama’s economic Viet Nam
- Insist that all credit card companies cap their interest rates to consumers at 13% or dictate that no bank can charge consumers more that 4 times the rate that they pay for SAVINGS ACCOUNTS! Banks paying consumers 5% for their saving accounts get to charge as much as 20% on credit cards . . . banks paying 2% on savings can only 8% on their credit cards.
- Demand that every government agency look at their budgets and cut 10% … no make that 15% . .. cutting 10% is easy, 15% takes a little effort.
- Dictate that every member of Congress and in the executive branch take a 10% cut in their salaries, since We the People are being asked to sacrifice and live with less, they should lead by example … Mr. Obama that means you.
- Appoint a government Expense Review Czar to go over the expenses that our leaders and representatives are charging the taxpayers. Expenses found to be unnecessary or frivolous would have to be reimbursed to the taxpayers. That means no more trips to see the Pope, or trips to see Broadway show, or fly overs NY City for a photo op, just for the heck of it.
- Demand that any member of a finance or banking related committee MUST TAKE a course in economics 101 before passing another piece of legislation. Additionally, they must demonstrate that they could operate a lemonade stand and make a profit!
- Demand that every member of legislative & executive branches take a refresher course in political science and the Constitution. They would have to pass a test with a grade no lower than C before they enacting any new legislation!
I know, I know, I know. This is a cheap shot . . . but how could I resist? I mean after all, how is it possible that Kermit looks more manly than Barack, Kerry, and Dukakis all put together?
Talking about cheap shots, is the best the Obama campaign has to offer is that McCain is older than Barack? That’s a reason to vote for him?
Hey, what happened to the “American public is tired of all the sniping and wants to hear the issues discussed?” That probably went the same way his pledge to use public financing went and along with it his desire to unite the country.