Who are the truth tellers?
Although the Constitution requires American presidents to be natural born citizens, as many as 30 percent of Tea Partiers say they think President Obama was born in another country, according to a new CBS News/ New York Times poll. More Tea Partiers, however, at 41 percent, say he was born in the U.S.
The so-called “birther movement,” questioning Mr. Obama’s origins, began during his presidential campaign. It has steadily persisted through Mr. Obama’s presidency, in spite of overwhelming evidence he was born in the United States — including his 1961 birth announcement, printed in two Hawaii newspapers. (What a joke! There isn’t overwhelming proof … andthe birth announcements are meaningless!)
The myth persists among the larger American population, but to a lesser degree, according to the poll, conducted April 5 – 12. Thirty-two percent of Republicans think the president was born in another country. Among Americans overall, 58 percent think Mr. Obama was born in this country, while 20 percent say he was born elsewhere. Significant percentages aren’t sure or don’t have an opinion.
CBS News Poll analysis by the CBS News Polling Unit: Sarah Dutton,Jennifer De Pinto, Fred Backus and Anthony Salvanto.
Here’s what the MSM filters out from the general public:
- Whether Obama was born in Hawaii or Kenya is immaterial because at the time of Obama’s birth, his father was a British citizen and his mother was too young to pass citizenship on to her son, making Obama a British citizen when he was born.
This is from Accuracy in Media:
In 1961, if a 17-year-old American female gave birth in a foreign country to a child whose father was not a U.S. citizen, that child had no right to any American citizenship, let alone the “natural born” citizenship that qualifies someone for the Presidency under Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution. In 1961, the year of Obama’s birth, under Sec. 301 (a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, Ann Dunham could not transmit citizenship of any kind to her son.
- Even if there is a case for Obama’s dual citizenship when he was born, the Constitution does not allow for a person with dual citizenship to hold the office of POTUS.
- Even if Obama could prove his citizenship today as a naturalized citizen, that does not make him a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN.
- There are lawsuits that are quietly going forward in the courts that challenge Obama to prove his citizenship as required by the Constitution
- The constant mention of the birth announcements in Hawaiian newspapers ARE NOT PROOF that Obama was born in the US. In fact, they couldn’t be used in a court because they do not meet the minimum standards of proof!
- The consequences of Obama assuming the office of President knowing he was ineligible are very serious! They are equally serious for those who knowingly assisted Obama get “elected” to office … that includes Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Howard Dean (to name a few!)
- Those in the military who have chosen to challenge Obama’s eligibility are heroes who have an obligation to challenge ORDERS THAT THEY BELIEVE TO BE UNLAWFUL!
- There is mounting evidence that Obama was, indeed born in Kenya. In just the last two weeks there have been numerous detailed stories from Kenyan officials saying without equivocation that BHO was born a Kenyan (British) citizen. They can be read here and here
- Obama has blocked all access to his every one of his records, including college and university records, health records, copies of his thesis, etc. and is reported to have spent $2 million in order to suppress the truth about his eligibility!